Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Richard Crenna

Chud will get the reference.

Ok, so it appears my foray into photo blogging is a success. Most people seem to be interested in the land bridge, so I'll tell you what I did today in the form of graphic, uncensored digital images. Seriously, there's no rating whatsoever on these photos.



Ok, so this is the before image of the other side of the land bridge. Note the dead brush. Now, generally, I just remove old brush by yanking it out of the ground. However, since the roots of this brush is entwined in slowly disintegrating roof shingles, I decided it would be better to just clip the brushes off at ground level. Unfortunately...



... This was all I had for shears. It appears the garden shears have either been lost or misplaced. About a year ago, I was watching HGTV, and TiVo decided that it wanted to record "First Blood", so it changed the channel. The discordian nature of the transition from HGTV to Stallone murdering sheriff's deputies in the pacific northwest was... exquisite. I decided to put the movie on "mute" and create a new backstory for the characters. I think Richard Crenna ended up being a paramilitary florist and Stallone was guerrilla landscaper.

Anyways, I was thinking about what I could use to get rid of the brush, and I came up with this...



Yeah, there is no way I am uploading an unsheathed hunting knife onto my blog. Use your imagination. Any ways, it took about five minutes to get rid of the brush. I ended up with this...



And also, this...



So, anyways, this all leads me to my favorite part of brush removal. Oh yeah, baby... burnination.











Thank you, Rev, for the inspiration.

4 comments:

Drunken Chud said...

You don't seem to want to accept the fact you're dealing with an expert in garden warfare, with a man who's the best, with shears, with knives, with his bare hands. A man who's been trained to ignore thorns, ignore weather, to harvest the land, to grow things that would make a billy goat puke. In Vietnam his job was to dispose of enemy weeds. To kill! Period! Win by attrition. Well Scooter was the best.

Are you telling me that 200 of our scrub brush against your boy is a no-win situation for us?

You send that many, don't forget one thing.

What?

A good supply of yard refuse bags.

Anonymous said...

Trogdooooooooooooooooooor!

I've had a mountain of snow in my back yard for the past forever so sadly I have no large bar-b-q pit or land bridge.

Now that the snow is [almost] gone...I have a bunch of mud. My back yard is not attractive.

Cindy-Lou said...

I like the fire, but what exactly is the point of a land bridge?

Amy said...

I'm with CL on that one...