Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Friday, June 26, 2009

Luke, customer service rep from AT&T

The following is an abbreviated, paraphrased conversation between myself and Luke.

LUKE: --uke,how may I help you today?

ME: Was it Luke?

L: Yes.

M: Hi Luke. I got an offer for your service, at promotional prices. I would like to know if you can make those promotional prices permanent. It doesn't make sense for me to switch providers and pay the same six months from now.

L: I cannot personally offer that, and those are AT&T guidelines--

M: Are these guidelines rules from like the FCC?

L: No.

M: Then they can be changed. If you cannot do it, I would like to speak to someone who can.

L: Unfortunately no supervisors that could authorize that are currently here, could I have your telephone number so that a supervisor can call you back?

M: (I give him my phone number and full name)

L: Thank you for calling AT&T. We value you as a customer.

M: Thank you for your customer service.

****

Either Luke is a lying bastard, and needed to get me off the line as soon as possible, or I am going to get a call before five o'clock.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

So how did it work out?