Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Alan Turing

He helped save his country from the scourge of Nazism with his contribution to the breaking of the enigma code machine. His country repaid him by shunning him for his homosexuality, ultimately causing so much despair that he took his own life.

Any way, time for my weekly (or so) update. Violet is one month old today, and she is able to lift her head up. We still need to swaddle her, but hopefully her colic will diminish more and more as the weeks progress. I have one more semester before I acquire my associate's degree. Kim continues to be the love of my life, and I consider myself the luckiest man in America.

SHARK WEEK!!!!



That is "carcharias taurus", or the Sand Tiger Shark. I am so stoked, friends.

Oh, yeah. I ought to post a shark photo and shark story every day next week. It's been a while since I did a blogging project.

I need to work on my novel idea for November. Hopefully Kim, as the best muse anyone can ever hope for, will make the process easier. I think developing ideas right now isn't cheating.

No comments: