Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

John Lennon



So, I am ashamed to admit that I supported the incursion into Iraq at the beginning. After the incursion happened and the true extent of the deception of the American people by the administration was slowly revealed to all of us... Well, I realized I made a horrible mistake. That being said, I have met Rewand, Lizan, and Bishkozh through school. All three are Kurdish Americans that have family that is free of the oppression of the Hussein regime. It is such a mixed bag.

Any way, I want to wish for peace and joy to all who read this, and for the next year to be more peaceful than the last.

No comments: