Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Friday, May 20, 2011

Garter Snakes in the grass

I tried to take a picture, but it slid away.

Sadie and Violet are making mud pies in my mother's back yard and I am mobile blogging. Kim is enjoying some well deserved alone time. Birds are singing and bees are buzzing. Life is good.

My uncle Karl died at the age of fifty one. I am driving Joshua and my mother to the wake and funeral in Illinois this coming Sunday. Life is too short to not appreciate those around you.

1 comment:

Amine said...

lottery checkerผลบอลAs I Stand Here Before My Woman