Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thursday, November 29, 2012

Billy West

The man is an American Legend, and the entire sound of American animation would be decidedly hollow if it weren't for this man's work over the last 30 or so years. So... we have Netflix in our home, right? Well, Netflix offers a "Kids Only" channel, which is meant to be easily navigable by children. Well, yesterday Violet found "Ren & Stimpy". I, a child of the 1980s and 1990s (I get to say that: I was born in 1980) fondly remember the show, so I put it on.

Holy CRAP, guys. What the hell were parents thinking?! That show is TWISTED. I really, really want to disabuse Violet of the show, but that would be hypocritical. I am also pretty sure any attempts to discourage viewing will only encourage her. Does anybody have any ideas?

No comments: