Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Friday, November 30, 2012

Jessica Starr

She is a weather reporter on Fox 2 News. She enjoys wearing elegant clothing while talking about cold fronts. It's kind of nice.

Well, I am still on the quest for content, so I will just try to throw a bunch of simple facts together to create a couple of paragraphs. Here we go.

We placed a special clock that plays Christmas carols on the hour. To stop it from playing at all hours of the night, we were supposed to press a button on the back five times. That didn't work. So, I just took the song batteries out when we went to bed. I forgot one night... and now it doesn't play at all hours. Following the directions on a five dollar clock caused it to work in the opposite way we wanted, and forgetting about it made it work. Go figure...

Sadie fell down a hill and needed new tights at school. When I arrived, she asked me to bring her home. I told her I couldn't do that, because it was her job to be in school. I believe her teacher found that amusing, because she kept repeating it while I tried to scrape my distraught young lady off of my legs.

Kim is leaving for a conference in Dallas tomorrow. I will have the girls by myself for five days. Skype will become very important in the near future.

Ok... so, that's it for content right now. I hope everyone has a good day, and please, feel free to comment on anything or nothing at all.

No comments: