Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Bruce Dern

Not many people think of Bruce Dern as a comic actor. I have only this to say to those people: The 'Burbs.

Karaoke, Carry me. I have the vocal range of a wet shrub, but damn it, I love to sing. I try to make up for my odious lack of abilities through personality and stage presence. Sadly, I haven't got the best stage presence, and my personality is... an acquired taste. Any ways, I will be making my weekly pilgrimage to present my offering to the karaoke gods tonight. Whoo, party, says the man drinking non alcoholics all night...

Ok, discordant thought; do you ever wonder what life would be like if James Dean made sausages, and Jimmy Dean was an actor?

No comments: