Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Friday, November 11, 2005

Kyle McLachlan

"Showgirls" didn't just ruin Elizabeth Berkley's career.

I am a bit of a geek. I have always liked fantasy and science fiction movies and books. Now, just to be clear, I am not some unwashed, twenty sided dice throwing, plastic sword carrying con freak. However, I like the Heinlein, I enjoy the Tolkien, a good Herbert is always appreciated. Star Trek, is a little over rated, though. I mean, after a while, it's just guys in pajamas shooting aliens and getting laid.

All right, discordant thought... do you think Bill Gates has actually lit something on fire with a burning hundred dollar bill?

No comments: