Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Friday, May 19, 2006

Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio

I only watch "The Abyss" for the nude scene.

So, it's been a few days since my last post. I just have not been feeling all that creative. Any ways, a friend of mine, Ron, and his girl are going to a comic book convention, and they have graciously invited me to come along.

Now, obviously, it won't be just me. I was a third wheel at a movie screening a couple of months ago, and it came dangerously close to being bad. Let me explain.

I have strong beliefs. I like to back up these beliefs with data supporting it. Maggie, Ron's girl, mentioned that a friend of hers, a self professed "environmentalist", stated that there wouldn't be anything left for our grandchildren in fifty years.

Now, we were speaking mostly about fossil fuels, and you know my opinions on fossil fuels. Any ways, I started spouting off facts, getting a bit excited, and we basically had to drop it.

This time, many friends will be along with Ron and Maggie, so any divisive topics will be avoided.

Yes, I know it's not much of an entry. Suck it.

3 comments:

Drunken Chud said...

you opinionated? that'd be like saying i'm quiet. heh.

evilsciencechick said...

yeah, I totally don't get that from you. I figured you for the quiet, reserved type.

;)

Steph said...

suck it? SUCK IT??? You rude bugger!
I'm offended.

No, I'm not.
Carry on.