Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Arthur C. Clarke

I'm afraid I can't let you do that, Chud.

Hydrogen is crap. It will always be crap, and nothing will change that fact. If we create enough renewable electrical capacity to actually make a dent in transportation energy, it makes much more sense to shut down some coal fired power plants, or put the electricity into NiMH batteries, or both.

Hydrogen is the lightest element there is. That means that it has to be compressed the most to transport it economically as a gas. All of the energy used to compress it is lost when it is uncompressed.

You don't have that problem with batteries.

5 comments:

evilsciencechick said...

*sigh*

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

It's my blog, I can post whatever I want. If the Chudder refuses to accept that the laws of physics make hydrogen a bad energy choice, well, I have to defend my assertions.

But keep commenting on my blog, ESC. Your cat-girl makeup is hawt.

Drunken Chud said...

YOU CAN TRANSPORT IT AS WATER! both oxygen and hydrogen are combustable. both become viable fuel sources, that return to WATER after they combust.

evilsciencechick said...

I know. It's just funny that it keeps going ON and ON...neither one of you is going to relent now, you know. It's a matter of pride ;)

Drunken Chud said...

yeah. pride... that's it. hehehehehehehe