Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Monday, February 12, 2007

Thomas Crapper

He didn't invent it, he just helped to popularize it.

Talking Urinal Cakes. I'm not kidding. This blog entry writes itself. New Mexico, the state where people from it have to sometimes show their passports to prove they are, in fact, fellow Americans, has bought 500 of the devices. Apparently, when you wee on them, they warn bar and restaurant patrons (at least the male ones) that "you drink, you drive, you lose".

If I have my urinal cake talk back to me when I am relieving myself... I won't drive anywhere. Even if I am stone cold sober.

1 comment:

Stepho said...

I thought the talking urinal cakes were a pretty bad idea. First of all, when I go to relieve myself at a bar, I've usually been drinking pretty heavily and am far more towards the "trashed" stage of the spectrum than the "sober" stage, and am therefore not really in the best of minds to receive messages. It'd be too late. Now, I always WALK to my bar, but when I use my imagination to apply my own personal experiencse to menfolk (because we all know that I'm just a man without a penis) I can only see bad things happening. "Shit man, I think that urinal cake just spoke to me! Let's get out of this crazy bar!" At least, that's what I'd be saying. Lastly, when was the last time you saw a drunk listen to reason?

If only every neighborhood had a nice bar within walking distance...ah, I'd be a happy lady...er...man without a penis.