Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Huey Lewis

It IS hip to be square.

So, I was listeneing to NPR, right? Talk of the the nation was doing a segment on loserdom during high school. There were a lot of 1980s references, you know, John Hughes, "The Breakfast Club", Mister Lewis... Let's face it... the 1980s are alive.

Any ways, I just wanted to write this down before I forgot it. In High school, I was Anthony Michael Hall's character in "The Breakfast Club", minus the starter pistol.

I'm still a bit of a geek, but you know what? I LIKE that about me. Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Stepho said...

Didn't he grow up to be a bully in another movie? That sort of blew my mind.

evilsciencechick said...

he was the bully in Edward Scissorhands.

I also heard he had a bit of the alcoholism.

Sad.

Cindy-Lou said...

Duh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh...YOU SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!