Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Emily Dickinson

Her writing is her gift to the world.

So, as I get ready to leave, I have to wonder: what is my gift to the world? What can I do to make a positive contribution to the culture? I am not so vain as to strive to be talked about a hundred years after my death. I am simply musing on what it is that I can be a bigger part of. I have forty credit hours. Due to a fund problem, I am going to have that many for a while. There hast to be some way out of here...

Said the joker to the thief...

3 comments:

Drunken Chud said...

there's just too much confusion. i can't get no relief.

Anonymous said...

Um, excuse me! Yeah, hi. Where are you going?

Cindy-Lou said...

Take some solace in the fact that you've corrected my microwave fear. I'll always remember you fondly for that.

sniff.

Look away while I wipe this tear from my cheek.