Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ryan Gosling

Yeah, thanks a lot, Ryan. Thanks to you, I have to sit through two hours of one of the most depressing stories ever committed to film with any girl that wants to have a "movie night" with me. Yeah, nothing makes me feel quite so positive as hugging a lady reduced to uncontrollable sobs because of that damn Notebook movie...

Any ways, it is Wednesday, and Elizabeth and I are heading out to Chatter's, once again. It's all good, but like last week, I cannot find myself in the right mindset to bang out an essay.

Still, Rev has gotten me interested in pirate radio. That's definitely worth at least six or seven paragraphs...

2 comments:

Stepho said...

Nicholas Sparks can go to hell. The Notebook was a lot of hyper sensitive bullshit drivel.

Cindy-Lou said...

Ryan Gosling was good in Half Nelson. While it's definitely not the most uplifting movie ever made at least it's not The Notebook.