Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Monday, April 07, 2008

Albert Einstein

I had a conversation with Kim's mother about nuclear physics.

So, yesterday Kim visited me and my stepfather for his birthday. We had barbecue, and then watched "Kangaroo Jack" on DVD. It was all in all, a very nice evening. Today, I am returning the favor by having dinner with Kim, her mother and her daughter. Behind me, I am listening to Ray Charles sing "I can't Stop Loving You" on Kim's oldie's channel for her cable tv.

Life is good.

1 comment:

Krissyface said...

Scooter, it's nice to see you so calm and content. I'm happy for you!