Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Saturday, May 03, 2008

Bob Ross

He painted things, then he died.

Sadie's birthday party was today. I am tired. Kim's celebration of keeping Sadie alive for a whole year is tonight. I am going to sit and let the socializing come to me.

Then... I have to scoot home early in the morning. Oy.

2 comments:

kimberkara said...

Entertaining is EXHAUSTING! I'll be joining you in a few hours to nap before the party. Thanks for helping. :)

Krissyface said...

that's funny. When Lily turned 1 I did the same thing. Celebrate the fact that I'd kept her alive a whole year. This coming from the girl who couldn't take care of a plant. What's alarming is that after the first bday party ends, there's still, like, a whole lifetime of keeping her alive to look forward to. But good alarming.