Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Tom Hanks

I liked him in Cast Away, but I have to say his best performance is of course as Forrest Gump. Bachelor Party is just silly.

So, Kim, Sadie, and I went to my Grandfather's home. Sadie and Kim met Lynn, Nancy, my Grandfather's wife, Sue, my aunt... I think she saw my cousin Tracy...

My 83 year old Grandfather, my dad, Tracy, and I put anti deer fencing around his garden. We ran out of fence before we ran out of garden. Oh, well. It will be finished.

Kim and Sadie were a big hit. I am very glad. Life is good.

Life is very good, indeed.

2 comments:

kimberkara said...

I didn't know Tracy was there! I had a nice day with your family. You laugh just like your grampa! Tomorrow is us time plus I get to watch my mom cut your hair. Did I tell you about the tine she snipped my face?

kimberkara said...

Oh, and Tom Hanks... My fav actor. He was good in everything -even the bad movies.