Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Otto Friedrich Muller

He first classified Daphniidae Daphnia in 1785.

So, Biology lab was today. I had to intoxicate two water fleas with either caffeine or alcohol at various concentrations. Just... two. I wasn't very good with the pippette, so I grabbed a bunch of them at first. Unfortunately, I could not count their heartbeats very well because there were too many of them.

So, I was told to wash them away, and start over.

I feel depressed.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Don't be depressed! You can't be a natural at everything, right? OK so it will take you more than one try to grab only 2 water fleas at a time. If you were the American Olympic Flea-Grabbing team, this would be horrible news. Since you're not, it's cool. :)