Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Sunday, December 07, 2008

Ray Charles

I paid five dollars to listen to one of his songs instead of a country song.

So, Sarah decided that Pub 13, a piano bar, would be the best place to hold her birthday party. All things being equal, it was a good choice, for her. However, after about two hours, I was done. Now, I am acclimated to loud noises, pretty much, but I was surrounded by new people, in a strange environment, and I can only take so much.

So, as soon as Elizabeth showed up, I took my leave, and drove home.

I hope that wasn't seen as rude.

No comments: