Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Monday, March 28, 2011

Kimber-Lou Arnold

"You should know it only encourages me."

So, I now have my work e-mail synched to my telephone. Oh God, what have I done? In other news, my mother... well, she doesn't use the internet correctly, so I am going to lay it all out here. Kim was looking forward to Heather and Elizabeth coming over to the house and socializing. Because my mother had a doctor's appointment today, she decided to cancel the play date unilaterally. Kim was less than pleased. I was less than pleased.

Elizabeth and my mother would more than likely be confused as to why this is such a big deal. What really sucks is that any attempt to explain why will only result in more heart ache.

Actually, before posting this, I have learned that Elizabeth blamed it all on my mother. Mom said nothing about canceling the play date. She just told Elizabeth that she could not help out.

Elizabeth never called Heather.

God Damn it, Liz. I am going to call you on this bull shit.

No comments: