Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Monday, April 25, 2011

Henry Rollins

"I'm tired, I'm cold, and I'm dirty. But I'm better! Somehow..."

Kim has commented on my penchant to dismiss the easy way of doing something for a way that is more difficult, and may indeed be less efficient. I am so used to doing things this way that I don't even notice that I am doing it. It tends to drive Kim nuts.

Still, I think there is virtue in eschewing the easy way for the hard way, when it is done for the satisfaction of the doer. I am not sure how to build on that, but I am going to try to turn this into some kind of a point.

Stay tuned.

No comments: