Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Ronald Reagan

I was born nine moths or so into his first administration.

So, the Republicans debated. Ron Paul is a good man, but his grandiloquence cannot hold a candle to that of Romney. Still, he's talking about monetary policy, and sound foreign policy, and the return of true fiscal conservatism. Since I've already voted for him, I am always going to support his candidacy.

Still, he won't win. That's ok.

McCain and Romney really got into it, tonight. I don't like that. I don't know what I am going to do for the general election. If Hillary Rodham Clinton is the nominee for the Democrats, I will actually vote for McCain without an ounce of indecision. If it's Obama... how often can you vote for a black man for President and not feel bad?

If Romney is on the ticket, and Clinton is on the other side... I will leave the Presidential ticket empty. I'm from Michigan. We're a bunch of ticket splitters, any ways.

Seriously, Romney makes me want to hurt plant life.

3 comments:

Drunken Chud said...

why?

Lou Lou said...

since i'm not from the good ole u s of a the names bar clinton mean nothing to me, but as long as there's not another bush things can only get better!

Drunken Chud said...

if you're not from the US then your opinion is nill Lou.