Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Kate Mulgrew

She made Star Trek safe for strong women.

Ok, so I am going out to Parvovirus for trivia tonight, so I don't really have all that time for a deep essay into whatever facet of the human condition that happens to strike my fancy. So, I am going to be lazy and just point back to posts that I have already made. Kim and I were talking about conservation, and seeing as it is Earth week, I might as well round up all of my posts on being green.

Stanford Ovshinsky

Edward Teller

Robert Lutz

Don Gillespie

PFC Jessica Dawn Lynch, ret.

Christian Friedrich Schonbein

Steven Rosansky

Brian Appel

There are a few more, but those are my latest.

Oh, discordant thought! Think about a cartoon gerbil picking its nose with its toes, that look like they belong on the feet of a refugee from Somalia.

No comments: