Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Monday, May 26, 2008

Tom Skerritt

So, "I Love the 1970s" was on, and it featured "Ice Castles", you know, the 1978 drama about the blind ice skater? I saw it when I was a kid, and Kim just heard about it. She remarked that she couldn't get into it because she would be too distracted waiting for her to slam into the wall during her big routine. I was less than amused.

So, today was the memorial day barbecue. My definition of well done is markedly different from that of Kim and her family. Luckily, they could be thrown on the barbecue for longer, so it was all good. Jesse and I set up the tent in the back yard. Luckily, you no longer require an engineering degree to set a tent, though I am sure one would help.

The Red wings play tonight. Hell yeah.

1 comment:

kimberkara said...

Come on... that would be funny. Reeeally really funny if she wowed the audience with her triple lux, dramatically took off in a straight line and right before she thinks she should turn... Slam!!!