Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Matthew Henson

He was the first black man to reach the North Pole, on April 6, 1909.

It is the first day of the American summer season, and it is currently 53 degrees Fahrenheit. You know, I would defend this state from the devil himself, but sometimes, I just wish it would be warmer. Of course, yesterday was warm and HUUUMMMIIIDDD, so, I guess this is ok.

I might have a job working in a factory. I will update as news progresses.

3 comments:

kimberkara said...

Yes, HUUUMMMIIIDDD is the right word.
Congratulations on the almost job. I'm makin some calls and still hoping for something closer to me rather than even farther away... Still interested in carpet cleaning?

Krissyface said...

A factory, huh? Keep us posted.
Like Scooter eating chocolates off the conveyor belt like I Love Lucy?

I'm Scooter, but I might be a troll. said...

More like Scooter sorting T-shirts for silk screening or embroidery, but I could whine "Waaaahh! Ricky!!!" at really weird moments, I suppose...