Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Sheldon Cooper

He's a character on CBS' "THe Big Bang Theory". He apparently has been written to have an autism spectrum condition.

So, the barbecue at Cwik's was a rousing success. Kim, our mobile bar, and I engaged in intellectual and thoughtful conversation with Stephanie, Garvin, Joe, Mark, Elizabeth, and Mason. No, my sister was not there, and I did not count myself twice.

Any ways, I have something to tell you guys, but I am going to work up to it. Kim says that it would be ok for my blog to get deep, but I am a little worried that a few of my longtime readers may find the change jarring, and not visit any more. I do not have anyone in particular in mind, but I want to express this quite clearly:

I have developed a fondness for my long-time commenters that are far away from my physical location, and it would distress me greatly if a change in focus on this blog would cause any of them to feel the need to leave.

At the same time, if any commenter did indeed find the change in focus unpalatable... well, it would be silly of me to ask them to stay.

Oh, right. I turned my TiVo into a SharkVo today. I know it's a week early, but there's a few things that have sharks on them coming up on competing channels in anticipation of Discover's flagship event of the year.

7 comments:

Stepho said...

There is no point in blogging if you feel that you can't get deep when you want to. Go for it!

kimberkara said...

Blog deep baby. Deeper! Deeper! Faster... your blogs are gonna be so HOT because they will be coming from your heart.
Worry less about what people think of you and more about what is really on your mind and I, at least, promise to comment on every one.

Joe C said...

I know I don't comment all the time, but it doesn't mean I don't read.

And like, I was waiting for Kim and Steph to arm wrestle.

Drunken Chud said...

seriously? no one thought to invite the chud to the bbq? sheesh. i sat at home and drank cheap whiskey and watched movies by myself all day. man... i'm starting to develop a complex.

Joe C said...

Chudly, I didn't think you'd be available with your occupation. It didn't occur to me that the injury would cause you to be at home. Sorry bro.

Cindy-Lou said...

I totally love the Big Bang Theory. Sheldon is my favorite!

Drunken Chud said...

fair enough joe. but i don't work saturdays. and i have perch. perch joe! fresh perch. you know what perch does for a bbq? it becomes that little bit extra that takes ordinary, to extraordinary. yeah. your loss. i had a better time sitting at home anyway. in the dark. drinking.