Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Thursday, March 17, 2011

George Takei

He lost family in Hiroshima, was interred during the war, and has spent his life making Japan and The United States closer friends. I didn't realize how close I am to the people of Japan until this disaster, and my heart aches every day for all of the victims and their families.

Ok. In domestic news, Kim and I are working on a schedule for the family, and I am going to shave. I just like letting my face relax for a while...

No comments: