Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Monday, March 14, 2011

John Jacob Astor

He was a fantastically rich industrialist. In the year of his death, his net worth was roughly one per cent of the United States Gross Domestic Product. One guy.

So, the cat door has been installed, daylight savings time is in effect, Violet and I are the only ones in the house, and I have to fill three hours. Generally, I would fill it up by killing time, but blogging seems to be rather cathartic for me. I am going to figure out how to spend three hours doing chores and keeping Violet entertained.

I will let all of you know how it worked out. Right now Violet's interest in the cat door is making it easy.

No comments: