Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Samuel Clemens

He was a member of a paramilitary organization for a brief time during the civil war.

Ok, I am going to do Blog 365 again. It will go from March 8th, 2011 to March 8th, 2012. As such, this is the first entry. I suppose I should update everyone on my progress (or lack thereof).

I am a home owner. Not a mortgage payer, but an actual home owner. My mother had an extra house, and was tired of paying the taxes and did not want to rent it, so she gave it to me. Essentially, every dollar I put in to my property is a dollar in the net worth column. That feels good.

The only caveat is that when I am "done with the house", I am not allowed to sell it. It needs to stay in "the family". I have chosen to interpret that in a rather selfish way. My eldest daughter is going to inherit a house.

... which means I need to buy Violet a house.

Of course, this means that I need to acquire a real job. I have two choices: take a loan out and get my bachelor's degree in computer science, or ask my father for around 1,000 dollars to pay for eight Microsoft tests and start shopping my resume around.

Both have their drawbacks.

I will keep you apprised.

1 comment:

Stacie Lee said...

re: the house... perhaps Sadie and Violet could live together until one or the other gets married and moves out! lol ;~) It's a long way off. No worries. But good luck on the tests/job hunting! :~) Good to have goals!