Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Monday, December 03, 2012

David P. Holveck

He is the CEO of Endo Pharmaceutical Holdings, manufacturers of Percocet.

So, as I am relaxing in bed, allowing the oxycodone to have its way with me... I am suddenly struck with the fact that Giraffes that Americans know from zoos and nature shows are actually a subspecies known as reticulated giraffes. They are reticulated because their spots form a network about their bodies.

When thinking about this, I am reminded of the other famous reticulated animal, the reticulated python.

Then I imagined a cross between the two. It was terrifying.

I really can't tell you how much I want to heal enough to not need to take the percocet any more. Because a pythongiraffe is frickin' demonic.

No comments: