Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Monday, December 10, 2012

Jean Hergott

She is my aunt. She invited me and my family to brunch yesterday.

So, I promised an interesting blog post today. Let's get to it. Kim and I were getting the house and girls ready for the regular routine on Sunday when we received a phone call. My aunt invited us to a Christmas brunch through E-mail but I had not checked my messages.

So, we carted everyone into the Honda and made our way to Zeeb and Dexter roads. The girls decorated Graham cracker houses, ate brunch and colored. Of course, that was just the warm up.

Santa arrived!  Each girl presented their list to Santa and took pictures with him. Sadie asked for a singing Justin Bieber and an ant farm. Violet asked for a train,  the letter K and a Spider man doll.

After that, my aunt provided goodie bags with large cereal bowls,  reindeer food, and too much candy. Now I am not just saying that.

Sadly, the children were fueled with naughty energy from the moment we came home. We had to take away their song, their book,  their dessert and more. Indeed, I can honestly say that their behavior was the worst in recent memory.

Finally,  when they were in bed, Kim and I were exasperated. I believe we were in agreement that candy in moderate amounts is the only way to go.

So that was my Sunday.

No comments: