Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children.
- President Dwight D. Eisenhower

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Kristin Chenoweth

She is a small person. I saw a few moments of the country music award show that was on last night. She looked positively elfin compared to Trace Adkins.

So... Kim, Violet, and I went to Blimpy Burgers in Ann Arbor last night. To say the least, it was a pleasant experience. While it seems absurd to drive 25 minutes to get a burger, I am glad we did it. The University bought the building, and Blimpy Burgers will move on. I do hope it can survive the transition. I also find it depressing that the University is going to turn a sixty year cultural landmark into a parking lot.

Oh, don't tell me they won't. The University is going to pave Blimpy Burgers, and put up a parking lot.

I am a little late on my blog entry this morning because I tried to sleep with just an ibuprofen. That was a bad idea. Tomorrow night, I will take an I-800 and some acetaminophen. I do want to get away from the percocet. I can't wait until my ribs stop hurting. I look forward to running.

Oh, yes... one last thing. I respect Stephen King as a writer. I just can't actively seek him out. I mean, one county over, a woman was beaten to death for the sin of taking her garbage to the curb. I don't need to read about fictional horror, yo.

Thank you for reading, and if the fancy hits you, sound off in the comments.

No comments: